We are looking for a driven, motivated and unconventional Business Development Director to bring in new business for HK / China. The candidate should enjoy working in a competitive environment with an understanding of technology enabled Logistics. You will support Quincus’s continued growth by expanding the customer base in the HK / China
You are well connected in the Logistic and Transportation Industry with a sound understanding of the transportation market and eCommerce trends. You have people leadership experience and are able to work in a hands-on environment. You are leveraging your enterprise connections and are able to communicate at all levels. People management and a KPI driven mindset are essential to set up an effective sales team.
● Design commercial processes and procedures that scale with the business growth in volume and complexity.
● Managing key accounts and drive potential new client’s project such as Proof of Concept. (POC).
● Primary point of contact for new and current customers with regards to commercial and operations matters.
● Integrate new clients and developing existing client relationships.
● Create new opportunity within Quincus customer base.
● Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
● Establishing critical paths for success in business expansion of existing clients.
● Liaise between the customer and internal teams.
● Ability to solve technical/troubleshooting problems.
● Monitoring and ensuring timely payments of clients. To resolve any dispute arises from the client’s invoices.
● Champion the needs of your clients within Quincus to ensure our platform and technology meets the market’s needs.
● Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic
opportunities by using the Key Account Management process.
● Set up a sales team and identify critical sales channels. Drive a Salesforce mind set.
● Monitor the business impacts of initiatives and develop an in-depth knowledge of products and build strong relationships with cross-functional leadership teams to find opportunities.
● Appropriately engage management and staff in the sales cycle and provide ongoing feedback to other areas of the organization.
● Work with APAC leadership to shape the strategy for the function.
● Identify supply chain transformation initiatives as part of the value offering to differentiate Quincus solutions.
● University or Bachelors degree, advanced degree or MBA preferred.
● 9-12 years of professional experience with a combination of, Sales, Business Planning, Business Development experienced preferred.
● Consumer and/or Commercial Partner management expertise end user account management in HK / China.
● Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to
● Experience selling software products and solutions to C and VP level.
● Experience of supply chain/logistics/ transportation/E-Commerce and Express/ Courier (preferred).
● Strong technology skills. You should be able to do complete product
demonstrations and credibly discuss technical topics
● Extensive industry sales and business development experience and insight to guide the HK / China business in alignment with our global strategy.
● Experience in handling and managing large and complex accounts
● Experience in delivering solutions base projects to clients.
● Natural relationship builder with integrity and reliability
● Strong analytics and problems solving skills
● Good command of the English language is essential, as well as proficiency in a local language, (preferred)